Vietnam (15.11.2021) COTTON DAY is an anual event to provide updated market information and perspectives from the world’s leading experts in textile and fashion industry. The event has been organized successfully throughout Asian countries since 1990s and in Vietnam in the last four years by Cotton Council International (CCI).
Following the success of COTTON DAY 2020, in 2021, Cotton Council International continues working with Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association (VITAS) to organize the 5th Cotton Day in Vietnam with the theme “Sustainability and Transparency You Can Trust”. Cotton Day 2021 will bring valuable insights about key development trends and provide essential solutions that textile and garment companies in Vietnam need to change and adapt to market demands in the post COVID – 19 era. The event will be organized on 6Connex platform from 8:00 to 12:00, December 1st 2021.
During the Press Conference held in afternoon of November 15th 2021, Mr. Vu Duc Giang – VITAS Chairman would deliver following points in his speech:
- Overview of garment and textile situation in the first 10 months of 2021; difficulties and obstacles impact on garment and textile factories in Vietnam, and how we can recover after the pandemic.
- The fiber outlookt in the world and Vietnam.
- The sustainable trend in Vietnam garment and textile field in general, and a part of the supply chain – the fiber sector in particular.
- Main session: A joint seminar with presentations, updating the situation of the cotton industry in Vietnam and the world, updating trends and perspectives from the world's leading brands and retailers relating to sustainable cotton topic.
- Breakout sessions: Dedicated presentations and sharings from professional and special speakers about sollutions for the cotton industry; as well as the US Cotton Trust Protocol standards which are organized via Zoom platform.
Being organized on 6Connex platform, Cotton Day Vietnam 2021 will be live on a professional and user-friendly interface. The event will consist of two parts:
Sharing about Cotton Day Vietnam 2021, Mr. Vo Manh Hung – CCI Representative in Vietnam shared: “The world textile and fashion industry is making strong changes towards environmental protection and sustainable development. Brands are increasingly focusing on materials that are both fashionable and environmental friendly. Cotton is a very good material for the environment. However, it must be cotton grown in a sustainable practice that uses less resources such as soil, water, fertilizers, and pesticides. US cotton is grown under transparent and quantifiable standards of the Trust Protocol program, which is the solution to help brands and supply chains to meet their sustainability goals.”
In addition to the opportunity to update trends and solutions from the world's leading speakers in the cotton industry, Cotton Day Vietnam 2021 is also honored to have the presence and sharing of Ms. Marie Damour – Charge d’Affairs of the US Mission in Vietnam. This event promises to be a very meaningful forum on sustainable cotton for businesses operating in the textile and garment sector in Vietnam.
To register for the event, you can visit the following link: https://bit.ly/CottonDayVietna...
For more information, please contact:
Vietnam Textile and Apparel Association - 7th floor, Vinatex building - 10 Nguyen Hue, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
Hotline: 093 800 7995 / 0976 99 88 44